Nighthawk X6S EX8000 Mesh Extender Access Point Mode Settings
Nighthawk X6S EX8000 mesh extender can be used as a wifi access point. It will create a new wifi hotspot by using a wired Ethernet connection. To make these settings you will have to follow the instructions as mentioned here below on Netgear extender setup
- First of all plug the extender in the electric power outlet.
- Now you have to wait here for the power LED to light amber and then turn in the green. If the power LED does not light then you have to press the power on/off button on the side of the extender.
- Now by using the wifi or the Ethernet connection connect the computer or mobile device to the extender here.
- Wifi: – Connect to the extender network called NETGEAR_EXT on your wifi-enabled computer or mobile device by open the wifi connection manager
- Launch the web browser and enter the address as net. When you join the network then the client LED lights to show that you are connected the Netgear installation assistance displays.
- Connect the router to an Ethernet port on extender use the Ethernet cable.
- Return the Netgear installation assistance and follow the promotions to finish the settings up your extender as an access point on Netgear extender setup
Within these all settings you will have to take care of some important points which are as undermentioned.
- Do not connect extender directly to your DSL or cable modem. The extender does not function as a router. If the network includes a DHCP server then you can connect the extender to a switch or hub that is connected to the DHCP server.
- If you want to use Ethernet connection you must do this process before you connect your extender to your modem router or router.